Independent Personal Trainer at Summit Fitness
Consistent and true, Nigel has been operating successful, private, independent personal training programs at Summit Fitness Norwich for years.
Nigel Sealy has a Bachelor of Science Degree from The University of New York in Albany, NY where he graduated Cum Laude. He's been involved in fitness for over 30 years and is a retired United States Naval Officer from the Submarine Service. He was a varsity Track in High School in Matawan, New Jersey and still loves to run! So much so, that he's planning to participate in the 75 and older 100-meter dash at the Penn Relay on 28 April 2035 at 3:50 PM at the University of Pennsylvania. For a time, he was responsible for the health and fitness standard of some 44,000 students each year at the Naval Submarine Base in Groton. Three times per week he personally conducted workout sessions for as many as 800 students. As the lead fitness instructor, he motivated them all to complete the 1.5-mile run, 100 pushup, 100 sit-ups, and various other exercises. Nigel himself scored a perfect 300 on the Navy's Personal Training test by completing the 1.5 mile run in less than 8 minutes and 10 seconds; 100 pushups in less than 2 minutes: 100 sit-ups in less than 2 minutes.
Nigel is a Certified Personal Trainer from the Gold Standard in the Industry the National Academy of Sports Medicine and is also a Certified Zumba Instructor. In September 2010 he completed an intense weekend-long Personal Training workshop of hands-on Client assessments, exercise selection and work out program designs for all levels of clients.
Nigel believes in what he teaches. He claims "I won the Trophy for my age group at the Norwich (Rose City) Fitness Challenge because of the intense Elite Athlete Training Program", a class he took here at Summit. He's also taught the Elite Athlete Classes, along with small group exercise classes. He's taught Monster Zumba and Zumba at several locations throughout New London County for various Charity fundraising events.
His life-long dream has always been to be a Personal Trainer with hopes to help everyone he trains to succeed at reaching and surpassing their fitness goals. He is a Master Motivator and has been rewarded numerous times over for his ability in helping others succeed.
- NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SPORTS MEDICINE CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN HISTORY (Cum Laude) University of New York Albany, NY Sep 1996
- ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN HISTORY Mohegan Community College, Norwich, CT Jun 1994
- CONNECTICUT NOTARY PUBLIC since August 1993
- STATE CERTIFIED LEAD ABATEMENT SUPERVISOR August 2009
- ZUMBA INSTRUCTOR March 2010
- OWNER/BROKER of SEALY's REALITY (Real Estate) LLC July 2008
- NRA CERTIFIED RANGE SAFETY SUPERVISOR July 2009
- INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR FOR SENDOUTCARDS Oct 2006
- SALES ASSOCIATE FOR UNITED MODULAR HOMES Jun 2006
Call Nigel at (860) 334-0452